|Lord of the Land|
|Appears in||Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Keeper 2|
|Fighter Class|| Melee (DK1)|
|Spells|| Level 1 - Hand to Hand|
|Immune to||Turncoat, Chicken (DK2)|
The Lord of the Land is a Hero encountered throughout all of the Dungeon Keeper games. He is a unique unit that stands apart from regular heroes, because he is 'the Lord of the Land' and owns a single piece of land (and a portal gem) entrusted to him by the Avatar and King Reginald.
In Dungeon Keeper 2, he was created as a fully functional character, with various names applied to him, with 'Antonius' being the weakest, while 'Pureheart' was the strongest. Each Lord of the Land also holds a portal gem. Each of them have to be killed by a keeper in order to conquer the Lords realm and force it into submission. There are 15 lords in total;
- Antonius - The first lord to be fought. The weakest of the lot.
- Darius - The second lord, a more worthy foe than Antonius.
- Avaricious - A greedy lord whose love of gold is his weakness.
- Ludwig - An old warrior who has become a bit paranoid.
- Constantine - A gutless lord who uses his own fears as protection.
- Ironhelm - A knight who will flee rather than fight if he can.
- Sigmund - A knight with a fiery temper, allied with the giants.
- Titus - A lord with great confidence in his five wizard underlings.
- Voss - A knight who attempts to escape past the player with the portal gem in hand.
- Ronin - This lord was killed by keeper Asmodeus before the player enters the picture.
- Brutus - The lord of Sparklydell was killed long before the player arrives. No information is given about him.
- Bramble - Bramble was killed by keeper Malachai, all that remains of his presence are some heroic forces.
- Tiberius - The lord of Peachtree, he guards his Mana Vaults well.
- Volstag - This powerful lord commands a mighty army and lives in a well guarded fortress.
- Pureheart - The King's right hand man, and the final lord to be faced. A worthy adversary.
- In the original Dungeon Keeper, some of them could be captured and converted, whereas in Dungeon Keeper 2, they die instantly and cannot be converted except in modified Skirmish games.
- The skirmish map "Alcatraz" (obtained through patch 1.7) contains two Lords of the Land at the center of the structure guarding two prisons containing a medley of creatures for each keeper.
- In Dungeon Keeper, a voice clip will play when the Lord of the Land is entering the map, with him speaking directly to the player about how he will drive all evil from his realm.
| ||Archer / Avatar / Barbarian / Fairy / Giant / Knight / Monk / Mountain Dwarf / Priestess / Samurai / Thief / Tunneller / Wizard|
| ||Dwarf / Elven Archer / Fairy / Giant / Guard / King Reginald / Knight / Lord of the Land / Monk / The Princes / Royal Guard / Stone Knight / Thief / Wizard|